- 100% birch hardwood;
- Low moisture: 7.1%;
- Low ash: 0.4%;
- High calorific value: 17 MJ/kg (4.72 kWh/kg) - 18% more than Bord Na Mona peat briquettes;
- Uniform, light colour wood;
- Recommended for smaller wood and multi-fuel stoves; for larger appliances, we recommend Nestro Round Wood Briquettes;
- Free delivery to all addresses in Ireland (subject to adequate access);
- Certified sustainable - FSC (R) 100%;
- Bulk discount of €10/pallet for orders of two or more.
Due to very low moisture levels (approx. 7% compared to 20% in kiln-dried logs and 30% in seasoned logs), the heat logs light easily and give off a lot of heat. In our tests, they produced a nice burn of approx. 1 hour followed by up to two hours of hot "glow". The duration of burning will depend on the quantity used and air inflow settings.
A minimum of three briquettes should be loaded at any given time. Because they burn much hotter than logs and expand slightly in the fire, it is important not to overload your fire box. Loading to about half the capacity is usually ideal, but try and see what works best for you.
To maximise performance, get the fire really hot before turning down the air flow and refuelling as required.
Recommended for all types of fireplaces, wood and multifuel stoves and log boilers.
- Pale yellow colour;
- Each briquette measures approximately 65mm x 90mm x 150mm (approx. 2.5 x 3.5 x 6 in.);
- Each 10kg bag contains 12 heat logs;
- Full pallets of 960kg delivered on a Euro pallet sized 120 x 80 x 145cm (approx.); smaller quantities may be delivered on Euro or UK pallets (100 x 120cm);
- Pallet sizes:
- full pallet: 96 x 10kg packs = 960kg net;
- half pallet: 48 x 10kg packs = 480 kg net;
- quarter pallet: 24 x 10kg packs = 240kg net;
- sample size: 2 x 10kg packs;
- Custom sized and mixed pallets available - please contact us for details.