Round Wood Fuel Briquettes for Wood Stoves and Fireplaces
- Smaller size of ca. 1.2kg / briquette - fits wide range of stoves;
- Mixed hardwood and softwood timber for easy lighting and long burn;
- Low Moisture: 9.9%;
- High calorific value: 16.5 MJ/kg;
- Free economy delivery to all addresses in Ireland.
1 - 3 briquettes should be loaded at any given time, depending on the size of your wood burner / stove. Because they burn much hotter than logs and expand in the fire, it is important not to overload your fire box. Loading to about half the capacity is usually ideal, but try and see what works best for you.
How to start a fire?
- Open air flow fully;
- Place 1 or 2 wood firelighters in the middle of the grate and build with kindling a “jenga” or “tent” structure on top and light the firelighter(s);
- Close the door for a few minutes until a fire is properly established;
- Once properly established, add 1 log (or smaller parts of a log) to steadily build your fire;
- When the fire is burning really hot, lower the airflow;
- Refuel as required;
- DO NOT overload your wood burner / Stove, as these briquettes burn much hotter than normal logs! Start with just 1 briquette until you’re familiar with its performance.
- Make sure the briquettes DO NOT touch the glass of your stove and the door is properly closed.
Recommended for all types of fireplaces, wood and multi-fuel stoves and log boilers.
Heat release time
This will be different for each individual appliance and can range anywhere from 1 hour to over 4 hours. It will depend on: Air inflow setting, Number of briquettes loaded, Outside temperature, Size of appliance
Delivery on 7.5 tonne vehicles is now limited to pallets weighing 750 kg or less, which includes 3/4 pallets, half pallets and quarter pallets. Delivery on 12 tonne two axle vehicles is available too. Please telephone or email us if you would like this delivery option.
- Darker wood colour;
- Each 8.3kg bag contains 7 heat logs;
- Size of one briquette is 240-250mm x 75mm and the weight of one briquette is 1.185kg;
- 165kg Pallet: 20 x 8.33kg packs;
- Custom sized and mixed pallets available;
- The pallet is shrink-wrapped and contains cardboard corners inside and black straps on the outside for a reliable and neat-looking package.