- 100% finely ground and compressed Birch wood;
- Low moisture: 5.6% only;
- Extra low ash: 0.37%;
- High calorific value: 17.2 MJ/kg (4.8 kWh/kg) - 19% more than Bord Na Mona peat briquettes;
- Long burning time up to 2.5 hours;
- Woodsure ® Ready to Burn Approved: WS356;
- Uniform, smooth surface, light colour wood;
- Recommended for smaller wood and multi-fuel stoves; for larger appliances, we recommend Nestro Round Oak Wood Briquettes;
- Free delivery to all addresses in Ireland (subject to adequate access);
Due to very low moisture levels (approx. 5.6% compared to 20% in kiln-dried logs and 30% in seasoned logs), the Birch RUF Heat Logs light easily and give off a lot of heat. In our tests, they produced a nice burn of approx. 1h 10min followed by up to 1.5 hours of hot "glow". The duration of burning will depend on the quantity loaded and burn intensity regulated by air inflow settings.
Two to three briquettes should be used to start the fire. Because they burn much hotter than logs and expand slightly in the fire, it is important not to overload your fire box.
To maximise performance, get the fire really hot before turning down the air flow and refueling as required.
Recommended for smaller wood and multi-fuel stoves and log boilers. For larger appliances, we recommend Nestro Round Oak Wood Briquettes due to the larger size of the individual briquette.
- Off-white colour;
- Calorific value: 17.2 MJ/kg (4.8 kWh/kg);
- Each briquette measures approximately 65mm x 100mm x 155mm (approx. 2.5 x 4 x 6 in.);
- Each 10kg pack contains 12 heat logs fitted into traditional PE bag; Coming soon: 7.5kg pack containing 9 heat logs in eco-friendly compostable paper bag!
- Full pallets of 960kg delivered on a Euro pallet sized 120 x 80 x 140cm (approx.); smaller quantities may be delivered on Euro or UK pallets (100 x 120cm);
- Pallet sizes:
- full pallet: 96 x 10kg packs = 960kg net; dimensions 120x80x140cm;
- half pallet: 48 x 10kg packs = 480 kg net; dimensions either 120x80 or 100x120 height up to 85cm;
- quarter pallet: 24 x 10kg packs = 240kg net; dimensions either 120x80 or 100x120 height up to 65cm;
- Custom sized and mixed pallets available - please contact us for details.