- High density, compact wood fuel;
- Hottest burning type of wood briquettes;
- Perfect for modern wood stoves;
- Do not shed sawdust;
- Do not expand when burning;
- Lowest moisture (4-5% or less) and hottest burn of all types of wood briquettes;
- 25kg pack containing 30 wood briquettes in eco-friendly compostable cardboard box!
- Free delivery to all addresses in Ireland (subject to adequate access);
- Bulk discount of €10/pallet for orders of two or more.
In our tests the briquettes produced good flame during the first 20-30 minutes of burning and then glowed for over 2.5 hours giving a steady heat until reduction to a small amount of grey ash residue. Total heat release time was reported at over 3 hours.
Burning time in different appliances will depend on air inflow setting, number of briquettes loaded, outside temperature, and size of appliance and can range anywhere from 1 hour to over 3 hours. A minimum of three to four briquettes should be loaded at any given time. Due to particularly low moisture it's important to adjust air inflow to ensure longest possible burning and glowing time.
Suitable for modern wood stoves with adjustable air inflow, woodburning cookers, barbecues, chimeneas. Results in open fireplaces will depend on air inflow. Please contact us to discuss your requirements or purchase a sample if desired.
- Chocolate colour;
- Moisture: 4-5%;
- Heat value: 18.5 MJ/kg - 22% more than Bord Na Mona peat briquettes;
- Do not expand, spark, or spit when burning;
- Each briquette measures approximately 63mm x 63mm x 230mm (approx.2.5 x 2.5 x 10 in.) with a hole down the middle 24mm (1 in.) in diameter which creates additional draught and ensures the briquettes burn both inside and outside;
- There are 12 briquettes in a 10kg clear shrink-wrapped pack;
- Pallet sizes:
- Full pallet: 96 x 10kg bags; pallet size 120 x 80 x 145-160cm;
- Half pallet: 48 x 10kg bags;
- Quarter pallet: 24 x 10kg bags;
- Sample pack: 2 x 10kg bags;
- Made from Pine (70%) and Spruce (30%) sawdust (sawmill byproducts) with no additives.